Monday, October 6, 2008

mt. timpanogas hike

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. George EliotClimb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. John MuirAll I have seen teaches me to trust the creator for all I have not seen. Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

Ames said...

Love the pics. What were you doing in that second one, or is that not you? hmmm... Were you more or less sore than after our backpacking hike in?
I also love the quotes, I may have to steal them.

Tamara said...

I was attempting to find my lunch in that pic-it started hailing and raining on us. This hike made me painfully sore. I didn't realize how truly out of shape I was-it think cause this hike is pretty much straight up for miles upon miles (and then down-ouch).